Welcome

to follow

Monday 18 October 2010

The dangers of giving in to temptation

Since the weather turned cold I've been wanting to have hot food for lunch at work. In the Before Candida Awareness (BCA) period (as I call it), I thought nothing of going to the shops in my lunch-hour and grabbing a hot jacket potato with garlic and mushrooms, or a microwavable ready meal (not realising now it was contributing to my illness). Of course the potato and mushrooms are out now and most ready-meals often contain sugar and/or lots of other things I have to avoid now.

So lately I've been tempted into buying soups from Pret even if they are bad news for me. So far I've had the chicken and mushroom soup (completely delish!), the classic tomato (risky due to the inclusion of white wine) and on Friday I gave in to the biggest temptation of all - Pret's Mushroom Risotto (usually one of my absolute faves). Ordinarily I would kill for this (as it is even more delicious than the chicken and mushroom) but I knew it was bad of me to have it due to all that white rice just waiting to turn to sugar in my stomach. And boy did it.

If I've ever had any doubt that I have candida then these three soups are proof. The first two soups gave me a right stomach ache that same afternoon at work. I think it was some sort of indigestion that sugar-free Rennies didn't help. I also felt an accompanying rise in my asthma symptoms in that I started to wheeze a bit and had to reach for my ventolin a few times more than usual. (I've noticed this before recently).

I thought with the first soup that maybe it was the mushrooms that were causing it, so I looked up the ingredients on Pret's website which stated that it was dairy free, egg free and wheat free. This is brilliant news for someone like me ordinarily, but I wonder now if sugar was included too? Their ingredients list doesn't break down the details of what's included. Even a pinch of sugar would probably cause me problems, as it doesn't take much for the candida to double in size in an hour, once it feeds on a bit of sugar. The tomato soup also gave me a stomach ache and I worried also about the inclusion of white wine, but I wonder if it was any sugar they used too, or both? I guess I need to go into the shop and ask for more details but I hate having to ask stuff.

The third soup, the mushroom risotto, I knew I shouldn't have had, but maybe it's because I am due on my period I really felt the craving for it and it's hard to resist. If you're a woman you'll understand what I mean!

Anyway, the risotto gave me the worst problems of all three as it seemed that some of my old and worst symptoms came back almost straightaway - wind, bloating, fbo etc, that day and the next. I know I've not written about my own story yet (something I plan to do later) but to me there was no doubt that the candida had fed on the sugar from the risotto rice and had "woken up" in my stomach so to speak. It was probably having a right old party in my guts!

I was careful after that on what I ate, and took a couple of glasses of grapefruit seed extract, and on Saturday night I think I experienced a mini-die-off. I felt extremely tired (almost like I used to) and just wanted to curl up on my bed and sleep forever. I also felt extremely irritable and could feel my temper rising over the smallest thing. When I used to have candida and not know it, I was always irritable and angry but never realised that this could be due to an illness. I thought it was just me! (Or my period or something). Now I'm wondering who I really am, and how much of my past behaviour was due to me or this illness?

I remember also, that a few weeks ago, I had some alcohol at an event, and it instantly gave me a migraine for the rest of  the week. It really doesn't take much to destroy my life does it. :/
I believe that even after doing this diet for the past three months, the candida is still just about alive inside me, just waiting for when I fail again. I don't think it has ever really "died-off" as it were. I think need to step up my detoxing process and maybe do a colonic to clear the gut out completely and start over. Hopefully I'll get round to doing this before christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete