Welcome

to follow

Friday 24 September 2010

Hello

Hello and welcome to my anti-candida diet blog. As you can tell from the title, I have candida and I absolutely HATE it!!

Anyway this blog is about my experiences in dealing with having a candida yeast infection in my stomach and my attempts to try and get rid of it. It's a long-term problem with a long-term solution, which  unfortunately is not easy to do.

I probably should have started this blog when I started the diet (way back in late June 2010) but my mind at the time was full of getting to grips with the diet itself and all the new information I was processing, which was all a bit of a revelation to me then. Also, I hadn't really thought of a good name for this blog either, until now. (Don't know why I was trying to come up with something clever when something simple like I Hate Candida pretty much sums it up!)

Anyway, I'm not the best writer in the world and I'm definitely not an expert on this disease. Most of my research has been internet-based, on sites run by holistic practitioners, people posting on health forums and general googling. Therefore my knowledge is probably 50/50 in terms of accuracy. But if the conventional medicine practitioners took candida overgrowth seriously, then us sufferers wouldn't have to rely on finding our own solutions on the internet and elsewhere, which could have good, bad or even dangerous outcomes for some people.

However, I started this diet because the symptoms I was having for the past 15 years closely matched the symptoms of having candida yeast overgrowth. I used to avoid health articles about candida believing, wrongly, that it was all about thrush and therefore not relevant to me. But one day it dawned on me from reading some forums that this could be a reason for why so much was going wrong with me. As I said, it was a bit of a revelation, one that I wish I'd learned about years earlier. So the diet has definitely been worth a try (fun though it is not).

As much as this blog is about providing information and support to others who may be experiencing something similar, it's also going to be a kind of regular log of everything I've been going through with it, the foods I'm eating and/or avoiding, my symptoms, reactions, food suggestions etc.

I hope it will be of some use to someone going through something similar, somewhere out there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment